Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hawaii Saturday



So Hawaii is pretty cool so far. Our flight yesterday was about 5 hours long - flew direct on United to the big island. We got to the hotel and had several hours of free time (after waiting for 30 minutes to get checked in). We went to the pool, had lunch, and just kinda kicked it a bit until 5:30 rolled around and it was time to get our bikes. Luckily, my bike arrived in one piece (yay!). We took them out for a quick ride last night to make sure all our gears and brakes and knick-knacks worked after that and then went to dinner. I fell asleep last night to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and the palm trees outside our window making noises like rain...

This morning we woke up and went and did an early morning swim. Hawaii is 3 hours behind CA so waking up at 7:00am really wasn't bad at all. We swam in the bay where the race will be tomorrow - it is crystal clear and it was awesome watching all the little sea creatures and critters swimming around on the coral beneath me as I swam along. It got me really excited for the race tomorrow and I think that the swim might end up being my favorite part.

Got my race packet and everything so I'm all checked in and ready to go! I'm so pumped for the race tomorrow! Its finally here!

(BTW - I have to pay for internet here so I'm going to try to use it as sparingly as possible. If you want pics, you can check my facebook profile - everyone with their nifty iPhones are uploading pics to facebook all day... :-)

Tonight is the TNT pasta party - there are so many TNT participants here. We had a meeting this am with Dave Scott (i think thats his name...) - he's won the Ironman World Championship like 6 times or something. He did a Q&A session with all TNT people - there were probably 150-200 TNT participants from all over the US who were there.

My official race number is 82. One number off of my birth year. Go team. I have some videos that I'm uploading too so I'll try to get these to you ASAP - again, internet sucks so I have to be picky. :-)

Aloha!

No comments: